Google Nest SDM

You first need to install the community appstore app on Homey. You can do that at your pc from de community appstore website

Hi, i understand already it is not about windows or ios. (i thought maybe it was android on the screens). Now i am having a developer account i am stock a bit. don’t know how to retrieve an oauth id. Maybe not looking to good and indeed better to take a coffee… maybe a link where to start? but will keep on searching as you project sounds promising.

Dont get any live video. And not 1 of my testing flows work (push melding met afbeelding).

This is what i’ve got.

I installed the app and it works great with my nest hello and google nest hub max. Not for the smoke fighter, but i hope that will come. It took same time (it was difficult, but using the step by step helped). If you do it on the computer with homey developer use google chrome and not windows edge. There where some problems with authorizations.

I would like to pay a small fee, but not with paypall. Is there another way?

@Maaikel_Van_De_Akker. By me it started after about 10 minutes and when it detected somebody.

I let it play a notification with a flow and it worked

It works… I copied the wrong project ID in the last box… but retried it and then saw a NEW project ID :wink:

Finally i succeeded intalling the app.

Post 1 and 2 of this thread is a great tutorial.
For unclever users like me, I recommend using the google console cloud app for doing this !

Special congratulations to the developer.

Can anyone who has nest camera share screenshot how they look like in the homey app?
I suppose there is no live feed…

Is this reallife, or do you have to refresh it for new footage?

It only shows still images of the last event (sound, motion, person) that occured.

That common to homey app. I hope they will allow live stream soon like it exists on my other smart home automations

It will give a high system load to decode a video stream. Homey was not made for that intention. You need hardware accelerated decode support for this inside your soc.

1 Like

@wesley_w
It exists on the smartthings app and the homekit.

So need to wait for a new homey hub…

@Martin_Verbeek

Thank you very much! Finally a way to control my thermostat again through Homey!

Easy install with the help of your guide.

Great work!

2 Likes

Nice work when when will the smoke detectors en the small version of nest hub be supported ?

Could not find anything about those devices or is this in google hands :grin:

It is not possible to make a screenhot with the nest camera as an action. But the icon looks like this in the homey app.

Thanks for the great app! Lots of steps you need to take, but the tutorial was very clear. :slightly_smiling_face:

Like to donate my pledge, donate button on store.homey.community comes out on dev Max van de Laar. Where can i find the one from Martin Verbeek?

2 Likes

I will include one in the next update of the app. Thanks for supporting.

The SDM API does not support taking snapshots unfortunately. I am investigating a workaround.