Google Nest SDM

Updated to 2.0.1 seems to be working fine so far, hoping Nest Protect support will be next :grinning:

I am still on version 1.3.3. auto update is turned on in HCS but its not updating to the newest version. Any thoughts on how to update manually?

Thanks

Maybe going to the store website and click install works… But not an expert.

1 Like

I cant update at the store. Really great app!

@MaxvandeLaar

Did you ever succeeded in getting to 2.0.1? The timeline message above was that related to HCS auto update trying to update?

It worked for me by going to the HCS website on a pc and clicking the install button. It didnt work on the mobile HCS website as the button showed the nest SDM app was already installed. I went from 1.3.3 to 2.0.1 this way.

What does ‘can’t update at the store’ mean? Is the button disabled or what is the actual problem?

hi @Martin_Verbeek. thank you for making this app. I’m brand new to Homey and have far too many Nest cams that i’d like to integrate into the hub. I followed your tutorial and managed to get the app installed, however, when i go to add cameras/doorbell, i get an error message that says ''Something went wrong with authentication, check your setup"

That seems vague enough that I’m not entirely sure where to look? could there be something obvious I missed? any help is appreciated!

According to the app log, it’s spitting back a 403 Forbidden error when i try to add a camera. does that help?

I have a problem with updating this app. Auto update is on, but my version is still 1.3.2.
When I install the app from the website of HCS I get this message in my Homey timeline: They Homey Community Store updated the Google Nest SDM from 1.3.2 to v1.3.2

I am able to recreate it, it is a bug need to fix that…sorry about that. you have to wait for the fix!
Thanks for reporting back

Ahh good to know! Was going a bit nuts trying to figure out what I had done wrong as I was pretty sure I’d followed the instructions properly! Will wait patiently for the fix. Cheers!

Yesterday i click install to get the 2.0.1 and then it stayed on 1.3.3. today tried again and now 2.0.1 :slight_smile:

I coul not update the app Yesterday i click install to get the 2.0.1 and then it stayed on 1.3.3. today tried again and now 2.0.1 :slight_smile:

Version 2.0.2 will be uploaded tomorrow, that should fix the issue.

How many devices do you want to connect?

Awesome! I have 5 cameras + a Nest hello

2.0.2 is on the store, no need to do a fresh app install, just do a logout and login again. Fingers crossed :- :sweat_smile:

awesome, i’ll give it a go and report back!

oh, i can’t actually figure out how to logout of the app - did you just mean Homey in general?

go to apps, select the app, hit the Google Nest tab and Log out (or in)

I installed Version 2.0.2 but now I get all screenshots 2 times for the Nest Hello