Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Shouldn’t there be an easier way?
Perhaps @DaneedeKruyff knows a way?

Hi Henk, I just noticed this message, somehow I missed it earlier.

This is indeed the way it works, Homey will always send a push message when Send push is enabled for Heimdall, if you want a more granular control you will have to disable that setting and create flows for the type of event you want to receive a push message for.

I was wondering if any of you encouterd the same need I have and how you solved it with Heimdall or in another way.
When I enter my house when the alarm in Heimdall is armed, the alarm goes off (as desired). I get a push message stating which sensor tripped the alarm and an alarm sound is played via soundboard over my 4 sonos units. All othere sensors that are tripped after that do not deliver a new message or start the mp3 on soundboard again. Now I only know where the alarm ‘started’, but not if the person walked away or went through the entire house.

I would like to know if it is possible:

1. to get a push message every time an additional sensor is tripped (e.g. someone enters the garage->sensor in the garage is tripped->alarm goes off-> the persons walks through to the living and trips the motion sensor in the living. I would like an additional message that the sensor in the living is tripped. Is that possible?
  2. slightly off topic - soundboard has a limitation in KB per MP3. My current mp3 is 30s long - so after 30 seconds it is done, no alarm sound anymore, although the alarm in Heimdall has not been deactivated. I would like the mp3 to be played until I deactivate the alarm, is that possible?

Hope to hear your thoughts!

You have to make flows for every sensor you want.
Something like:
“when” the (sensor you want) turns on
“And” Alarm state is active
“Then” Write to timeline or send a push notification…or both…
You’ve got to do this for every sensor you want to be reported.

For this, make a flow.

“When” the alarm is activated
“And” whatever conditions you need
“Then” play the sound, add it again and put a delay of 30 seconds, add it again and add a delay of 1 minute, do this for as long as you want and it will play for ages if you need it to

Hope I made me understand.

Or use 1 flow for every motion sensor in ur building:

U can send a push message with the name of the sensor that activated in the THEN part using the tags provided.

1 Like

That’s a better way actually, didn’t come to my mind, learning something everyday! :beers:

1 Like

@Ricardo_Nunes - thnx for the input!

@Rocodamelshekima - thnx, that’s an efficient option :ok_hand:. Maybe I can add this to playing the ‘Alarm’ sound again when an additional alarm is turned on

Yes that’s possible, you can use the resolutions provided by @Ricardo_Nunes and @Rocodamelshekima but you could also use Heimdalls builtin trigger card for that purpose:

That card has 3 tags, the Device, it’s Zone and the devices State (motion or open)

1 Like

thnx, overlooked that option :ok_hand:, implemented it directly and works like a charm!

3 Likes

Hi, I have Heimdall working well with most of my sensors, but I have an Aqara zigbee door sensor that appears in Heimdall’s device list, is set for ‘full’, but Heimdall doesn’t seem to notice state changes. Nothing appears in the log when the door is opened or closed. How can I debug this? Thanks.

There is no easy way for regular users to debug what is happening on their Homey unfortunately. The thing that comes closest would be to run an App from the CLI.
This particular problem you’re experiencing is most likely caused by the fact that the sensor wasn’t in ready state when Heimdall started. When Heimdall starts it checks all sensors to see which should be monitored. When a sensor is not yet in ready state (when the app for that devices isn’t fully started yet for example) Heimdall will pause for a while and check the sensor again. This happens a max of 10 times to not stress out your Homey.
Can you try to reboot your Homey and after checking that the Aqara & Xiaomi ZigBee app is started restart the Heimdall app. After Heimdall is started, please go into the apps configuration and click Create Diagnostics Report and send me with the Unique code.

Hi, thanks for the help. Diagnostic report sent, key is: 8929f869-dcde-4a2f-82e8-df9a6d28ceab

The door sensor (Lobby Door contact) was not reported after Homey restart but was after Heimdall restart.
Regards
Phil

Thanks, I can see that the Lobby Door is found after the Heimdall restart, is it working ok now?

I’ve a flow for the same use case as @Jolink.

Instead of adding multiple actions (play sound with increasing delays) I use the ‘Start Flow’ action and self-reference the flow with a delay:

The “And” part is important to have it stop whenever the alarm is no longer active (or any other condition you want to stop the sounds).

1 Like

Yes it’s working fine after the Heimdall restart. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Or do not use soundboard but cast directly to your chromecast devices at max volume below sound. It’s 1 hour and 15 minutes of pure burgle alarm pleasure:

Inbraak-alarm-geluid.mp3

With thanks to mr. Cornelisse :+1:

how does that work with Sonos? 1h15m seems long enough :wink:

Do not own a sonos. So can’t help in that respect.

Hi,

I have Heimdall set up to monitor my smart implant using a virtual device and the “alarm_contact” variable. The smart implant however has two inputs so it has two inputs that can be set. Is there anyway to set up a flow that can set different values depending on whether input 1 or input 2 is set? At the moment “alarm contact” is set and I cannot tell if that is due to the Tilt Door opening, or the side door opening.

Hi Peter,

You would have to make two Virtual Devices, 1 for each input. When the first input (connected to the tilt door) on the smart implant is triggered set the alarm_contact from the first Virtual Device and when the second input (connected to the side door) is triggered set the alarm_contact from the second Virtual device. While a Virtual Device van have multiple sensors it can only have one unique one per sensor type.