Homey 2.0.0 Experimental discussion [EN]

Even though it might be released in a few days, it will stay an (optional) manual update, it will not update automatically.

The update size between now experimental (non RC) and stable will be most likely the same (maybe a few bytes difference), so it doesn’t matter when you update.

Ok thanks for clarifying Caseda.
I’ll hold off for now in that case.

To me the rc’s were alpha versions and the current 2.0 feels like beta1.

Hear hear

1 Like

The ironic part is they named the versions like this, so the normal users (e.g. not us) wouldnt get confused. :stuck_out_tongue: (according to emile on slack a while ago)

1 Like

Hi, is there a possibility in fw 2.0 to scan for an ip address?
I had this app net scan on the earlier firmware but it isn’t compatible with fw 2.0
I used this to see when my tv came online after 20h then my lights got dimmed, my screens closed,…
Is this possible in the new firmware?

You can download netscan, alter line 25 of app.json and install it through the CLI
https://bitbucket.org/terryhendrix/homey-netscan/src/2ef8e38b0f609644c14b599cf1f4b1c047157015/app.json?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#app.json-25

2 Likes

Meanwhile in the Apple app store…

The link to the 2.0 app says “not available in your country” at the moment btw. Awaiting the Release for Tomorrow i suppose.

3 Likes

As a small reminder.
As soon as homey v2 is in the stable channel, it will not be possible anymore to revert back to 1.5.13, even with a factory reset it is not possible.

1 Like

Homey 2.0 in app store (ios)

Homey (Gen. 2) van Athom B.V.

Firmware 2.0.0 is available.

Update flawless, while away from Home. So far: kudos!

And Homey PRO just announced. https://blog.athom.com/announcing-homey-v2-0-and-homey-pro/

And… … there is the proof…

For all the flaming and saying they wouldnt release it out of Experimental until its ready…

ATHOM clearly cares so much…

I guess that it has to do with running a business. They connected the shipment of new homey’s with the release of this firmware so it was key for them to release the firmware at a certain date/time. And to be honost. If I check the forums (both dutch and english) and other sources I think that 2.0 has just a few minor bugs. I know it doesn’t deserve a great price but I can understand why Athom decided this.

This doesn’t mean I agree with it. I won’t update my Homey until I think it’s stable enoug.

I personally think V2 is way more stable than V1.5, and it has been for a while. Especially if you use the app for turnings things on/off.

Havent had any problems with V2 except some issues updating every now and then.

Is the “stable 2.0 version” released now the same as tha lates beta? Do I have upgrade in some way?

I think its black magic…

They go from Experimental to Release with no change…

Amazing.

3 Likes

I am not a developer but I think that is normal that the last experimental version of a software is (almost) the same then the release. Bigger changes could also cause new bugs.

2 Likes

I asked homey what their plan is when apps aren’t being developed anymore. This was the unsatisfying response:

Thank you for your e-mail.

Sorry to hear that the current app developer is not responding (normally he is quite active in the community).
If a community app is no longer developed by a community developer he can put it up for adaption so other community developers can take over the development.

If it is an app with quite a lot of install Athom sometimes takes over the development to make sure that the app will work on future updates.

In the case of this app, if you have some coding skills yourself you can try and develop the app further yourself. Another solution would be to post a request of the community forum to see if another community developer is willing to take over the development.

However, I would suggest to try and get in contact with the developer via our Slack channel, I’ve seen him online recently so I think that will be the better way to contact him (https://athomcommunity.slack.com)

Yeah the woman is right now not too happy with having this solution… Unfortunately the switch + fibaro will not fit which is why I need those Z-Wave.ME switches

@Xtasy Maybe @Caseda Z-Wave Genius
can take it over? Or contact developer to ask what is the problem?

1 Like