Homey.ink on a tablet/desktop

firefox_2019-05-06_19-32-00

chrome_2019-05-06_19-32-21

Firefox vs Chrome

1 Like

It maybe a styling issue. In the css file. The values falling outside the image. Not sure tho

I need to do some fine tuning anyway:

chrome_2019-05-06_19-36-48

Iā€™ve tried Internet Explorer 11: not working. Edge is working.

That why I think, if I put something on the internet for others to use, it needs more work so its runs on various browsers and devices.

1 Like

I think for 95% of people owning a Homey know how to install Chrome on there ipads, PC, Mac or android devices etc
So I dont think you need to put time into other webbrowsers at the moment

I wouldnā€™t be so sure about thatā€¦

Not everyone wants something from google on his ipad!

Plenty of alternative browsers based on Chromium that do pretty much the same as Chrome, without the Google integrations :slight_smile:

1 Like

someone who can make a description in Dutch. step-by-step?

1 Like

What kind of ā€˜descriptionā€™? (Waar zoek je hulp in)

1 Like

I love this! Thanks for all the effort so far! Am I right to say that all the additional functions I see will be added to the ā€˜onlineā€™ version, so not everyone will have to make their own css changes? Like me, Iā€™m not a css guru :slight_smile:

Thanks again for all the time you put in this!

Edit: Iā€™ve downloaded the latest versions from github on my own nas and I can access it and see the change. Me happy :smiley:

I am using the online version, but with this I cannot adjust any of the CSS files (as mentioned on the first post).
So I have to run it locally using the following code:
npm i -g serve
git clone https://github.com/athombv/homey.ink.git
cd homey.ink
serve -p 5000 app

How do I use this code?

You need too download and store the files on your local server.
Download from github as described in post#1
Then you need to go to homey.ink. Log in only.
Then in your browser (Chrome) inspect the page, hit on console tab at the top, and copy the token link.
Paste in browser and replace the https://app.homey.ink with the adress to your server, and add: &theme=web at the end

Eks: https://AdressToMyLocalServer.net/token&theme=web

3 Likes

English is not the main language for many. everything goes in English. while 95% are Dutch here. Google translation does offer a solution. but due to moderate translation it is sometimes risky.

So, then give us what we need to translate it for u like @Sjalabert asked?
What would you want to translate in Dutch, which part?

My experience so far:

1. Very happy with the progress. Much appreciated!!
  2. Installed the latest version on my webserver. Easy to do and works fine
  3. I have Google Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop: all devices show. Clicking on devices does nothing, except for the Virtual Devices and Klik Aan/Uit.
  4. Using Edge Dev on the same laptop. Buttons do nothing except VDā€™s en Klik Aan/Uit. Creating a link on the deskop has no open as option, but I can use F11 to get it full screen.
  5. Added an automatic refresh in the index.html, so the page will refresh every minute, so temperatures will update. Add it in the head section: <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="60"> <!-- Refresh every 1 minutes -->

Unfortunately Iā€™m not a css guru, but I can understand some parts you guys did. Iā€™ve changed the temperature font size as it was too large on my buttons. Iā€™m sure I wil make some more small changes.

Itā€™s better to listen to actual changes from devices, Iā€™m busy adding that. Working now for several alarms such as alarm_generic, alarm_motion, alarm_contact and alarm_vibration

Doing so will create a difference between your version and the one you used as base. This will mean you need to keep track of your changes and apply them again everytime. If you see such things I suggest posting it here (with screenshots!) describing what is wrong, what device etc.

Iā€™ve tested the mentioned capabilities on these devices:

3 Likes

I agree itā€™s better to listen to changes from devices, so as soon as that is in place I will remove my refresh option. I also agree that I have to keep track of changes and Iā€™ve done so far, but youā€™re the master, so I listen to you and post it here. I donā€™t have a lot of buttons, but for example a zwave thermostat has no action (yet) when I click on it, but like you said, youā€™re working on it.

Thanks for explaining and Iā€™ll be a bit more patient :slight_smile:

as you can see, by default the fontsize for device temperatures is too large (4 instead of 3). Changing it to 3 is a good size and position on the device button on all my devices:

Hi, can somebody add a new template in Dutch, because everything we translate now will be lost again if we update to a newer version.

I would do it myself but css and all this stuff is quite new for me and for instance the date formating doesnā€™t seem to work for me :frowning:

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards, Danny

1 Like

Is there a newer version on github now thats supports devices like tempertures ?
I have a version thats 6 days old