Homey Offline

I don’t having my Homey that long, but I noticed that sometimes a flow start with a notification at the end, but that note is not always displayed. The flow did run. Putting a delay in the notification seems to fix it. I’m sure if that is reliable.
You don’t Homey to reboot when it is not needed, several times a day, I think.

I don’t suggest an automatic reboot, just a method of letting you know it is still “alive”. Then if you miss a notification you can check if there is a problem and take action if there really is. That is why i suggest you use a date and time tag in case the delay is caused by cloud or mobile network and not by Homey having problems.

The restart action card works that’s no the problem but it won’t solve the lost of internet connection, you have to pull the plug for that. It has to do with a DNS issue according to Athom. In the next release 2.1.2. this issue is probably solved.

The Network check app does not trigger a lost of internet connection anymore.

There are many ways to trigger a lost of internet connection. I use the weather screensaver (LED ring) and when Homey lost the internet connection the default LED ring shows up.

Ok, that’s a good idea for monitoring. I’ll make a flow for that so what’s happening.

I know of only two. The Candy app and the Network app. And both don’t work anymore since 2.x.
So i am curious which one(s) you use then?

I use the Darksky weather app and monitor if the temperature is changing within an hour.

1 Like

Homey release 2.1.2. is now stable with a loss of internet connectivity fix.

Ak, OK. Since Darksky relies on the internet connection, that is indeed kind of a clue there is something wrong. :+1:

Yes, that’s the idea!

After 3 weeks V2.1.2 my Homey is still online. So I think that they fixed the issue.

i would state the opposite.
sometimes gets offline when i set it up, alot of installations of apps and so.
then it got more stable, just lingering around and “normal” usage.
But still loosing connection to cloud often.

yesterday i did a “reconnect” from wifi accesspoint side, and it reconnected.
Today i tested to VPN home and connected localy, and it alive. But not from outside.

is there any debuglogs or ways to SSH/CLI in to the system and monitor it? would be interesting to see if its tries to reconnect after loss. or if its get a token error or whatever…

Sadly, no.

I think they have done an update which makes the connection more reliable. If this is on our site or in the cloud I do not know. It is now once a week offline but soon online again. But now Homey is more online I have more trouble with devices which are not communicating so now and then. These are for instance z-wave switches from neo coolcam and zigbee switches from Osram. These are swiching with sun set and sun fall and thereby I will notice this directly. And allmost all other manufactures I have in my homey have the same issue.

This morning my Homey was offline, it happens once in a while and a PTP use to solve this.
But today after two PTP, one quick and one long (30 minutes) it still is not available.

And yes, I have another power-source than Athoms original crap… :slight_smile:
WiFi is ok, up and running.
Not upgraded to 5.0, still running 4.2.X.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks!

Thanks for all understanding feedback… :slight_smile:
After a third PTP it came back from the dark side.
Lucky me, otherwise my wife had sent me to the dark side this afternoon.

Happy hollyday on ya all! :metal:

And now it’s offline again… WTF!!!
Did at PTP again but nothing… do I need to reset? I don’t want too…

Started to test recoverymode and it could not connect to WiFi. After some uglywords I finally found that one of my Asus Lyra nodes was offline and Homey probably used that node for internet so after rebooting that one I came alive again.