Homey v5.0.0 (Stable Release)

I woke up to dead homey this morning. Can assume it updated to v5.0 overnight. Looking for way to recover, currently reviewing support material. Worst case I pray the overnight back service can restore my unit - hopefully upgrade incorporated final version backup

Any guidance recommend?

Try a PtP [HOW TO] ptp
and try replace the USB Adapter for an other 2 Amp (2000mA) 5Volt Adapter (see the other issues about it Search results for 'USB Power 2A ' - Homey Community Forum)

Thanks @Dijker … no luck PTP or new PSU. Tried a few Apple 2 amp plugs. Reset process doesn’t have voice either. (Sigh) Analogous to the Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death! (RROD)

Spinning yellow, then red.

Only option imho Contact Athom support directly

For me it’s very stable. Had lots of troubles with routing zigbee before version 5.0. All of the devices connected to Homey directly and now slowly after a day no connection errors anymore and a nice mesh is appearing. It also removed some strange ghost Zigbee devices. Which I was trying to remove for a long time.

In the release mail they mentioned packed with improvements and new features. I can see there are improvements but what are the new features?

1 Like

I think most features are ‘under the hood’. For developers it is possible to add a lot more zigbee devices, for example various remotes which just didn’t work with 4.2.

I am hoping this can be fixed remotely as I don’t want to wait through RMA process. It was working rock solid for almost 18 months until the 5.0 bricked it.

Hopefully the next release is full of end-user new features and not only a repair of technical debt.

But glad they finally managed to fix the ZigBee issues.

1 Like

To be honest, with the new Zigbee core, a lot of new end-user features are already added by the app developers to the Zigbee based apps and more to come…

2 Likes

Still no Zigbee routing information in V5. Is it really true that this can take days?

Maybe I have to investigate more to see what’s new…

Can you elaborate?

See Homey v5.0.0 (Stable Release) - #58 by TedTolboom and Homey v5.0.0 (Stable Release) - #59 by johan_bendz

As examples of new devices being supported by this version.
In addition, I am current working on a update of the Frient app to make a true alarm system of Homey, with interlinked detectors, Siren and keypad

4 Likes

Very nice! Thanks for all the hard work!

I know this is not the right discussion thread, but I pop the question anyway, sorry.

Which keypad are/will you be using?

I am looking, quite some time already, for a keypad on which I can enter a code for disabling the alarm or use a RFID tag for disabling the alarm.
I also want to be able to check who disabled the alarm, so using a Fibaro Implant in some non z-wave keypads is probably not an option.
I also cannot use a smartphone, because e.g. my parents do not have one. Do you have any suggestions what would be possible?

I was on V5 rc60 before I updated to V5 stable.

Since than Homey’s clock is one hour behind. Time triggered flows are all running an hour to late.

I tried a PtP and several reboots. No luck until now.

Anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

Cheers,

Wim

Had the exact same issue, tried reboot through Apple app but it didn’t work.

I then tried the “restart homey” button from the Homey Developer page and know it looks like the time is running correct. At work so I haven’t tested it yet.

Keep an eye on the “date human” field. It was running one 1h wrong before the restart.

Good luck!

/jokke

Hi,

A noob question, but how do I know if an app is compatible with V5? For example the Brel app.
It’s not worth updating (yet) if a lot of apps stop working. I also read about the test apps, which could be a nice workaround.

Never mind, I found this post:
Apps currently not working on Homey v5 - Apps - Homey Community Forum (athom.com)

I just did a test. I made a flow with the when card at 13:15 and the then card to send me a push to my phone. Worked fine. So I will rework the flows that are time triggered and see how that works out. (remove and add the time card.)

1 Like

Hi.

Updated to v5.0 from 4.2.0 without any issues. All my apps and devices are working and the feeling is that Homey respond much quicker now - absolutely amazing :grin:

Thanks and very good work DEVs :+1:t2:!