HomeyKit

Hello Community,

am I the only one with the following behaviour?

Every time Homey restarted, the configuration within HomeKit is gone. Devices are again al favourites, devices sorted to their rooms are not in their rooms anymore, they are in the standard room…

Any ideas?

Regards
Andreas

Qubino Minidimmer shows up as switch in Apple Home app . is it possible to fix so it works as dimmer ?

Can you find the device on this page and post its capabilities here?

The fact that is shows up as a socket instead of a light is unexpected, because Homeykit checks virtualClass first and should see that the device has light as virtual class. But because it’s apparently seen as a socket, it should explain why it can’t be dimmed from Homekit, because the default Home app on iOS doesn’t support dimming on sockets (some other apps, like Eve, do support it, I think).

Not sure how to fix this.

Ive got it to work . Removed and Add in homeykit app. Now it work and is dimmable in Apple Home App. :wink:

1 Like

When you add a Qubino Minidimmer its default virtual class is “other” so after its added change to “light”remove and add it in homeykit after that it’s correct identified as dimmer in Apple Home kit

1 Like

Good evening Community,

Does anyone know why Homey won‘t show up after installation? I tried a restart (app and homey, even iPhone and AppleTV), deleted all devices except one in the app settings, even klicked the clear storage button in the settings, but Homey does not show up in HomeKit. And I forgot, yes they are on the same net.

Maybe also interesting: I am talking about my developer Homey, the All-Day-One works fine.

Regards
Andreas

Running Homeykit twice on the same network isn’t supported.

Hello Robert,

Well, nice to know. Thank you, for the fast information.
I guess I have to try working with VLAN.

Regards
Andreas

Hello, since Version 3.20 i have problems with the IOS Home App. I have 12 fibaro roller Shutter 2, when the Rollershutter are open the status shows “opening”, also if the are open and not “open”.

best regards

Will cameras be supported?

There is a github for homebridge on rpi.

Very likely not, partly because development of Homeykit has basically stopped but also because most Homebridge camera implementations rely on RTSP-support which Homey doesn’t have.

Ok thanks for the answer.

Too bad to hear development has stopped.
Can I ask why? So no more future updates?

I stopped using Homey some time ago already.

Not from me, but if another developer wants to take over the project they’re more than welcome!

@robertklep you stopped using Homey, what direction did you go, what is your alternative now?

Moved to Home Assistant about a year ago, which I’m very happy with :smiley:

1 Like

Ok, thanks :+1:

Hello all,

I hope some can help me or point me in the right direction.

On my homey I installed homeykit and Shelly.
The problem I am facing in HomeKit (the native Apple app) is that the rollershutters is not showing closed but is says 50%.
When I look into the Homey app itself it says that it is fully closed. So it looks like the Homeykit app does not read the correct values when closing. If the rollershutters are open it looks fine.

What I already did is checking the Shelly device status. See below:
Open gives the status > * “last_direction”:“open”,“current_pos”:100*
Closed gives the status > * “last_direction”:“closed”,“current_pos”:0*

In the Apple HomeKit app it looks like below:

Does anybody, from the developers perhaps, know about this issue?
Would be great if this can be solved in a new release.

Other question, is there a specific place to post issues for the Homeykit app?

Thanks in advance!

Can you check what the device capability values are? You can find them here: https://developer.athom.com/tools/devices