HomeyKit

Oké thanks robert

Hey, I’m using MCO MH7 thermostats and they either not showing (no respond) in HA or I can change them but only in HA, does not react in Homey or on the wall…

Hello, i use the aqara curtain motor. It works fine in Homey and it shows up in homeykit but it’s not working in HomeKit. All my other stuff works like a charm :grinning: is there a solution?

“it’s not working” isn’t very informative :grimacing:

Ok sorry, i will try to explain better. The curtains show up in HomeKit. But when you open or close the curtains it doesn’t response to Homey. So nothing happens.

The Aqara B1 Curtain Controller? And you’re using the Aqara & Xiaomi ZigBee app for that?

I use the Aqara & Xiaomi Zigbee app. It is the Aqara Curtain Controller (not the B1). If you can help me i donate you some beers :smiley::beers:

The issue with that device is that it uses the dim capability in a way that differs from other curtain devices. This isn’t trivial to fix and would require a lot of testing, for which I don’t have the time (nor the devices to test with/on) :frowning:

This weekend I upgraded Homey to V5.0. Now Homeykit is not working anymore.

edit: Had nothing to do with Homey V5.0, but with WiFi frequency…

Very strange, because Homeykit is an SDKv2 app and those should, according to Athom, still work without changes on v5.

That’s what I thought as well. However after upgrade Homey devices are not reached anymore from Apple Home.
I have tried removing and re-adding devices in Homeykit configuration. Didn’t work.
Restarting the Homeykit app. Didn’t work.
At last I removed the Homeykit app from Homey. And Homey as hub from Apple Home.
Now I can’t connect Homey as a device to my Apple Home.
I tried to manually connect it with the code provided in the Homey AppStore.

Home not being able to find Homey is not a v5 issue, that’s a Homekit (in general) issue. It may help if you go to the settings of Homeykit, change the bridge identifier to something else, and also execute the ‘Clear Homekit storage and start over’ step.

changed the identifier and cleared the storage. Unfortunately Home is still not able to find Homey. Tried it multiple times. Any other suggestions?

Turn WiFi off and on on your phone, or reboot the phone. Other people are running Homeykit on v5 just fine so it’s not (just) the firmware version.

@robertklep, thx for your help. Looks like the Wifi was the problem, All tough I don’t understand why. On my access points I have 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. My phone was on 5Ghz and could find Homey in the Home app. Switching to 2.4Ghz did the job.
Now that all devices are registered again I can access them on 5Ghz…:thinking:

1 Like

Ah, good to hear you solved it :+1:t2:

I think I heard about 2.4/5Ghz issues before, but forgot about them :woozy_face: Homekit discovery works with multicast, and sometimes AP’s have issues passing multicast data (although typically, the issue is with going from wired to wireless or vice versa, not so much going from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz).

Hi! Thanks for your effort with the app. Over the past months, I have gotten alot of «unknown» devices, sometimes on identical devices (ie Fibaro Dimmer 2 and Hue bulbs). Anything on my end to fix this? :slight_smile:

Tested on both stable and /test release, deleted HomeKit storage, deleted app, reinstalled numerous times etc

I published a new test version (v3.0.22) that hopefully fixes your problem: https://homey.app/a/com.swttt.homekit/test/

Awesome @robertklep , thanks for the super fast response! It seems to work :slight_smile:

Unrelated follow up question: any way to bypass the 149 device limit I am facing?

Thanks for testing :smiley: The device limit has to do with the Homekit protocol. The only way around it is to add another bridge, but that’s not something that Homeykit supports (it would require a major rewrite).

Perhaps you can group devices on Homey and only pass the grouped device to Homekit (by disabling the individual devices from being passed to iOS)?