How to set up IKEA tradfri gateway app?

I don’t run v5 so can’t comment on it, but I don’t use Homey for Zigbee (or home automation) in general anyway :grimacing:

My experience with the gateway (more than a year ago) was pretty good, although every few weeks or so it starting giving issues and I had to reboot it. After a reboot, it worked fine for a few weeks again.

Make sure that the gateway has a fixed IP address in your network. I don’t think you can configure that on the gateway itself so you have to do that in your home network’s router (give it a fixed IP address in the DHCP settings). Otherwise the IP address may change and the app can “lose” it.

“Fixed IP” , Good one. It doesn’t have now so I will arrange that. Hope that improve the stability between the ikea hub and the homey. But first need to figure out why the Ikea hub itself lost several bulbs. When I find something I’ll just add it here.

I experience the loss of bulbs in the ikea app after a firmware update of the bulbs themselves. Disconnect and reconnect the bulbs from the power supply solves the problem for me.

Thanks Raymond, that did the trick! I designed the technical installation of the house for “smart only”, so we don’t have any wired switches. That shows a downside now that it’s more difficult to disconnect/power off some of the bulbs. But turning off a group on the fuse box / tech closet? does the trick. I try to prevent to do that often because all other devices connected, but for this simple reset it’s worth it, thanks a lot! :grinning:

going bananas here…
So I know the IP adress and although the little white box of IKEA does not reply on the command “nslookup” - my router somehow knew it’s hostname. (GW-#### where ### is the serialnumber).

system overview;
homey pro (early 2019) running on version 7.1.4
Android phone app version 6.9.2.823
TP-link Archer C3200 router/switch
homey connected through wifi (should have ethernet too IMHO)
IKEA tradfri gateway connected through ethernet cable

at first, trying to configure the “IKEA trädfri gateway” app by going to … more → apps – IKEA trädfri gateway → cconfigure app, I kept getting the “device not found” error.
then I did another route; in the android app i went to settings, below there is also “apps” - IKEA trädfri gateway - same screen and POP, I got an identity and a PSK key - and could save this.

then going to the screen “apparaten” I could add the one socket (with remote) I have working on the gateway. YAY! cost me over 2 hours, but yay!

alas… using the android app - it does not listen to any commands and does not show the correct status either. sometimes all that happens is in the top of my screen “timeout after 3000ms”

Hi,
I’m trying to setup the IKEA tråfri Gateway APP and when I presse the DISCOVER button in the Homey app setup I keep getting the Error: Missing implementation for api endpint “discover” It is not possible to continue. The IKEA Hub is setup and works nice from the IKEA app no problem, but I cannot get the Homey IKEA tråfri Gateway to connect. Please help. Anything more you need? All the apps and IOS are the latest versions.
Best Regards
Dag Engstrøm
Norway