IKEA Trådfri smart-curtains (FYRTUR and KADRILJ)

Reboot and reinstall helped :grinning:

1 Like

Today I go a couple of errors on 2 of my Fyrtur blinds. Couldn’t get them to work, so I thought just reinstall them to Homey. Unfortunately I can’t connect them any more. During the pairing process the proces times out. I already did the factory reset on the blinds itself and rebooted my Homey. Any other suggestions I could try?

Ah man, I am getting really frustrated with Tradfri and I only have one blind and the repeater connected at the moment!

I had a power cut (well actually, I blew the RCD doing some wiring), and the gateway went out.
As it happened, roughly the same time I also factory reset my phone, so no longer has the gatway info stored.

The top light is flashing on the gateway now, but can’t find info on what this actually means anywhere. I’ve cycled it’s network connection, cycled homey and that gateway power and does not seem to want to re-connect

Any other option but to factory reset?! That’s all the app seems to want me to do…

I can confirm that this is working. Bought two Fyrtur curtains and the IKEA gateway two days ago and got one of them set up yesterday. Paired the curtain and remote with the IKEA gateway first and then connected the curtain in Homey using the IKEA Trådfri Gateway app. This way the remote works and I can also control it through Homey.

1 Like

Got a bit further. Now when I want to add the curtain I get the error message: “There was an error adding the device.” I’ve no clue how to solve the “error” or find what error occurred. Does anyone know where to find more debug data on this?

Has anyone tried to lenghten the curtains, it doesn’t reach my floor. I was thinking of getting and extra fabric and attach it to the original. But maybe it doesn’t roll out any further then max with the original fabric.

1 Like

Hello everyone!
Has anyone tried to extend the Fyrtur and/or Kadrilj?
I need it to drop until 2,30m minimum, as the current 1,95m is not enough.
Any ideas if the motor would work with more fabric?
Thanks a lot for any advice!!

Hi! I have myself extended the width of my blinds to 2 meters and by doing so also switched to a wider and thicker fabric - works great! However, based on what I’ve read - extending the length of the fabric will not do you any good as the max number of rotations in the motor is fixed. Meaning it will not extend any further with a longer fabric. Unfortunately. Not 100% sure, maybe someone can confirm!

@erik.fisher How did you extend the width? can you present a small tutorial?

I actually did a post for it on reddit:)

How I extended the width of my KADRILJ blinds

Let me know if you have any further questions and I’ll try to assist you as much as I can!

Thanks, will try this soon!
i have 2 fyrtur curtains with a gap in the middle now.

I can confirm both Homey and the remote works simultaneously with the Gateway. I was not able to do this without the gateway.

Tip if using Homekit: the blind roller will show up as a simple on/off switch in Homekit. I solved this by hiding those devices from Homey and then added the gateway directly to Homekit.

1 Like

Grr… Once again the gateway seems to have lost connection to both homey and Alexa
Think I might need to go direct to homey because while this isn’t frequent it’s such a pain getting things re-synced to IKEA app
Do the extenders work with Homey?

My curtains has also lost connection. When I try to use them in flows in Homey i get a message that it is an unknown error. They work directly from the IKEA app. Not really into reset the whole system, its a pain to connect 6 curtains and 4 remotes… :persevere: Any tip? This was set up 6 mounths ago, and have been worling fine until the last 2-3 weeks.

Does your gateway have a fixed IP address?

The ikea gateway? How can i fint out?

If you don’t know, it probably hasn’t. It’s something you need to configure in your home network’s router.

Checked it now. It was not static, and the IP was different then what I had put in the app (10.0.0.43 - instead of 10.0.0.4). Changed to static and the latter ip adress, restarted homey and the gateway app - still no connection. (get the same error).

So maybe delete the Homey gate way app and install and connect to that one again?

I assume that you changed the address in the configuration of the app? Deleting the app isn’t likely to fix it and may break your flows (but on the other hand, “unknown error” isn’t very helpful either).