IKEA Trådfri smart-curtains (FYRTUR and KADRILJ)

I just went the gateway route and it works great so far

Yeah, I do agree: when I was still using Homey, the gateway app worked perfectly. The only thing with the gateway (hardware) itself is that once in a while, it needed to be rebooted. Like once every few weeks.

But quite a few other users have chosen to use the gateway because they couldn’t get the IKEA devices working properly with Homey directly.

Seems like I spoke too soon!! My homey has lost connection to the gateway today… No idea why… Will have to investigate

Like I said: you have to reboot the gateway once in a while :smiley: For some reason, it starts to act funny after some time and a reboot fixes it.

ok. Thx for the info guys
Kind of sad with the rebooting, bit i guess it’s managsble

It worked. Awesome!

Sadly a reboot didn’t fix it… It has a static IP (at least it did… Need to double check) so no idea why it’s stopped working

Can you still reach it with the IKEA mobile app?

Yep, no issues :confused:

If it still has a static IP address, perhaps time to reboot Homey?

Also check the Homey app settings, sometimes you also have to re-input the authentication key etc…

do you have found a solution for a good routine, that works with an aqara wireless mini switch and the fyrtur blinds? because I have the Problem, that I didn’t found a way that when the blind is closed and the button is pressed, blind go up. if the blind is up, and the button is pressed, then open the the blind.
I have just the option, that when position has changed, and “batterie alarm is on” than…

edit: Actual example with fyrtur instead of curtains
edit2: fyrtur is connected through the ikea hub. not directly to homey.

okay, thanks first :slight_smile: Because my Fyrtur Gordijn :slight_smile: is connected directly through homey, I miss that option, where I can activate the card “is open” is closed… That sucks.

I use an aqara switch to open / close the Fyrtur depending on the actual position. This works great.

Open pos = 0.99
Middle pos = 0.5
Closed pos = 0.01

Not using the logic variables gave me some problems. Also using 1 and 0 instead of 0.99 and 0.01. The blind sometimes roles the other way…
Last card is: set to (variable) closed pos. Don’t know why it’s not displayed correct when sharing the flow. For opening I use it the other way around

1 Like

@Maurice you are my Hero. First thing: I didn’t know that I can active the aqara button as a scene, where I can select, how often I press him —> great!
Than the implementation with the variable from the logic with larger and or smaller than (in my case 0.7) A value… so I just need to press the mutton once, and it is doing exactly what I want. Thank you sir :wink:

How can you manage, to stop the blind at let’s say 3/4 position? So that we can reach the window?
-Flow curtain up

I didn’t make a stop funtion. But maybe you can make something like: if scene is activated -> set position = actual position ?

How did you manage to add the Fyrtur to Homey directly? I can add the curtains and the repeater, but only as “Generic device” because Homey can’t find an app
(I don’t have a hub and don’t want to)

But when they are a generic device in not able to control the curtains. How did you manage that?

Install the IKEA app first.

I did before adding them.
Hmm. I’ll boot the Homey and try again.