Mertik Maxitrol

Hi Roy, is it also possible to add an option to set a temperature like thermostat? Like a flow, i want to light up the fireplace at 18:00 and set the temperature to 20 degrees. The remote is an B6R-H8TV21PBD.

Is there any chance that the old 433 mertik app gets a new life on v5? Or is the same rf timing bug still active?

If you dont want to put this on the app store could you then maybe put it on the homey community store? :grinning:

Just wondering if this will work with the mertik maxitrol G6R-R4AU (433Mhz)

Thank you

Then why not test it via CLI ?

Hello all,

So i just got the B6R-W2 wifi module (B6R-W2BE-0) and its connected to wifi,
I tried to use this plugin and have it installed on Homey, I entered the IP manually but it keeps spinning (says connecting device) and nothing gets added in the app. Any idea?

Also when selecting MANUAL IP (and then entering the IP) there is no save or other button except start searching (start zoeken).

Update: 11/08: Got it working by reinstalling the plugin and restarting the wifi box :grinning:

Hi everyone,

This is a question to all the owners of the G6R-R4AU controller. (@mbnn ?)
Iā€™m expecting this controller to be installed soon, but donā€™t have the impression that controlling over 433MHz is quite easy at this stage.
I started searching for the service manual of the controller and found out thereā€™s a PANEL interface which is nothing more than a few pins that can be wired to buttons (or a relay module which is my plan).
Is anyone able to verify that this actually works?
Apologies for the low-res/Dutch language. Havenā€™t been able to find a better one so far.

Thanks!

Will this plugin ever be updated? :grinning:

Hi Roy! Sounds like a really great solution you made.
I donā€™t have a Homey setup, but Iā€™m very interested in the reverse engineered protocol to control my mertik wifi fireplace (from within an openhab environment). Iā€™m not afraid to get my hands dirty, and I do have decent programming skills. But Iā€™m a complete noob w.r.t. this kind of stuff. Could you point me to some documentation, or explain to me how I can send commands to the wifi box? Thanks a lot!

Just ā€œupgradedā€ my fireplace with the B6R-W2 wifi module (B6R-W2BE-0).
It was not accepting my normal Wifi SSIDā€™s; likely too long passwords or SSID and password containing unusual characters. Changed to backup SSID and got the iOS app working.

Installed @RoyBā€™s app, but data was not updated/shown.
Checking the commandline logs, I that in my case the data string received does not start with 03030000000346 but with 03030000000340

Changing device.js#L291 as shown below solved my issue:
if (tempData.startsWith("03030000000340")) {

1 Like

For the Mertik Maxitrol wifi module, can this be updated to work with Homey 2023? :grinning: Thank you.

Could there be a small chance the original 433 app would work again in the new homey pro?

It is working fine on my own homey.

I am accepting pull requests to make this app SDK V3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I oncorporated that fix in my sourcecode, thanks!

Its actually sending 868 Mhz. I have been able to ā€œcrackā€ the wireless protocol. (see here: GitHub - erdebee/mertik-868-protocol: An effort to reverse engineer the wireless signal for Mertik Maxitrol 868MHz controlled fireplace)

But I had a hard time figuring out how to make homey send those commands. I failed when I tried, so the issue is more on the Homey end really.

If anyone is able to make an app that directly sends 868 Mhz. That would allow us to control the fireplace without a wifi box.

That or pls fix the plugin so we can use it again with the wifi module :stuck_out_tongue: Haha, both are fine.

What issue do you have?

I can install it through the homey cli / command line sdk thing but when you add a device it is not possible in Homey itself (add device > mertik) it shows a red warning sign and you cannot continue.

Hi RoyB, install went fine and app shows up in homey. When I add a device I select Mertik Wifi Box and that get a red box with error Socket.on is not a function. Have I made a mistake somewhere?

Thanks
Mark

It seems there has been a change in the SDK v3 so the app is no longer compatible - specifically this is the migration procedure: Upgrading to SDK v3 | Homey Apps SDK for the code