Nest + Homey = Dead API by 31th August

Once i was migrated, I was able to integrade the NEST with Alexa.

Anyone else having problems with Nest Protect?

• Added protect before 31 august
  • Now I am getting the error message ā€˜This device is no longer available in your nest accountā€™
  • When I do configure app, I need to login to Works with Nest, and I can accept the terms (but it gives an error message)
  • My Nest account is NOT migrated to google.
  • My Nest account still shows Homey as authenticated

I think I canā€™t reinstall the Nest App on Homey (cant find it in the athom store anymore :()

I saw the same error. restarting the APP and Homey resolved it for me

App restart, homey restart, nothing works.
The app states that I logged out from nest.
When I trie to log in thrue the app, I get to the rights request page, and when hitting confirm I get a general error.
When I log into the nest page itself in a browser, I can login normaly and everything works great.

There whent my therostate supportā€¦
Not planning to replace my nest with another thermostate as we do not know when a new brand will stop working with Homey.

All and all this is another dissapointment in Homey. They are stacking upā€¦

This has nothing to do with Homey, as the title already states, since August 31 the Api used by the thermostat has been shutdown, not just Homey has this, every controller has this (IFTTT and Logitech Harmony as example of big brands).
If you want to blame a company, blame Google Nest :wink:
They will try to do more and more things to get people to their own platform, and this is one of those things.

Sorry, but I do not agree with you.
Indeed Google has moved there nest-api to the Google enviroment, but they have the same functionality in there google-api.
So thay state that the thermostate can still be controled using there api. Just that Athom is not using there api.

If I were to change my thermostate now to a deferent brand, who will say that that new brand will stop support for homey. Need to change again?

In short, Athom needs to move the Nest api to use the Google api.

Correction, they first need the permission of Google to be able to use the Google Nest api, until now none of the big companies has gotten this.

Define ā€œbig companiesā€?
Apparently Amazon still has it, as I can still control the Nest with my Echo devices.

I already mentioned 2, they all still use the old api, I can still control my nest too with Homey, so no surprise there that sometimes it does work.

My nest thermostat still works. I did exactly nothing and everything is still working fine up till right now? What did you do to make it no longer works?

Literally nothing.
Used the app to set the temperature, and tried to do the same thing the next day, and Homey sayed there was no device ā€œnestā€ in my account.
Red explination mark in the icon of the nest, and no longer able to re-login to the device.
Alll other apps still work. (Alexa, IFTT, and Nest itself).

Have you restart the Nest app? A couple of days ago my Nest also donā€™t work anymore but after a restart of the app everything works back again.

Is there any update on this topic?

Nest still works, but iā€™m scared to update homey firmwareā€¦

Any suggestions?

Is it working as you expect now? Then donā€™t update.
I myself am still on 2.4.1 and a lot of apps that are not the latest version.
Since all is working fine for me at the moment, i see no need to update now.

Iā€™m still on Homey 1.5.13 and nest app 2.5.5, but for a while now it needs to reauthorize it, but if I do that, then in the works with nest window it will give the error ā€œOops! Weā€™ve encountered an error. Please try again.ā€ every time, guess its just another app no longer supported so still counting down

On Homey 3.2.0.rc.3 and Nest v3.0.2 everything still works but aware that i can stop any moment. Doesnā€™t matter is you stay on 1.5 or other firmware or other Nest app version. When the API is killed or changed by Google(Nest) they will all stop working.

I can also confirm that everything is still working with the regular firmware updates in homey. If it would stop working it is because Google would change something, as far as I understand this is not homey firmware / app version related.

Yesterday i had a power outage, since then Nest not working anymore, got this red explenation mark and also unable to login ā€˜opps, something went wrong try againā€™. There was a new message within the official Nets app, saying Athom needed new permission so gave those but didnā€™t help. Before this power outage Nest was working fineā€¦

So, make sure you donā€™t get a power outage :sweat_smile:

Have you already restarded the app? That did the job for my after an power outage.

restarted it twice, didnā€™t help. Still got the same error messages and the explenation markā€¦