Ring Doorbell V2

I have app version 5.0.0.553 for homey app, Ring app is v2.2.3

The problem is that Dennie controls versions, so my fork uses the same number.
But if you are not aware of my fork then I am sure you did not use that one :wink:

Good evening,

I use the Ring V2 with the latest App version from the store.

Many thanks again and a happy Easter

Stay save and healthy

Ria Banis

How can I access yours?

Some weeks ago I had removed the ring app in homey. To may problems with receiving mails and or sms from ring itself for authentication. 3 days ago I tried it again and installed version 2.2.3. It works so fine once more. I have the 2fa on. Also I trigger a camera upstairs thru the movement sensor of the ring. This is not always spot on but it works. Sometimes it sends the wrong picture of the ip. Cam. For the rest it works perfectly again.

Do you have the doorbell v2

I have the ring video doorbell pro with chime

@denniedegroot any chance to look into the V2 issue where it doesn’t renew the snapshot but reuse the one it takes? Please

Does the snapshot refresh when you go to the actual device?

Outside Homey everything works but inside homey it grabs a snapshots then reuse it over x amount of time before release it and takes a new ones but they are always empty no one in them

That’s not what I mean. Go to devices inside of homey. Hit the refresh button, what happens?

I Can refresh within the app, still just reuse current picture, would say for 10mins before taking a new snapshot witch it reuse for 10 mins and so on.

Don’t know the problem for you but mine does a refresh like instantly. I turn off the lights outside and go back to the device and refresh them the lights are off… so at most half a minute. Which version of the app?

But you have Pro no? And I have V2 and I see lots of other people having the same issue as me with v2 and I see all pro users saying it works fine for them :slight_smile:
I have version 2.3.0

Same here with the V2, it just uses the refresh rate as setup in the Ring app itself (so not the Homey app). Looks like the Pro gets the refresh signal from Homey but the V2 doesn’t, don’t know if there is being said anything on the Ring API about this…

right, yes, that could be the problem. I’m using a PRO indeed. Well, sorry about that then :wink: hopefully, like @DidierVU mentioned there is a API reference somewhere. Good Luck

I have the V2 and can confirm I have the same problem as @Danne. Push notifications with an image aren’t useful now.

2 Likes

Here the same with a V2.
I had one picture for the first time with a person last week. Nothing more since then.

I acknowledge that v2 seems to have a snapshot issue. But it seems to be an API issue on the Ring side. I am unable to get those snapshots if the api returns a not found error. Maybe they changed the api or there is a bug in v2 firmware not updating the snapshot properly. But i do not think its the app. If someone knows a integration that is open source an working with snapshots right now than i am more than willing to look at how they use the API to look for differences.
But I can not fux this without a working example for the v2. For me the ring app not even updates the snap in the device list. only on the timeline they are working.

Hello,

im trying to use the Ring App for my Video Doorbell. However after installing it via CLI i am not able to authenticate. Im getting the Error “Error invalid_authentication 406 406 Not Acceptable nginx”
Any ideas what i might be doing wrong?

Greetings
Martin