Ring Doorbell V2

Ok, my Ring-Account was disabled 24h because of too many Login attempts.

Now i am Not getting a Snapshot. I am using the Cards postet a few posts ago.

Maybe to much movement?

And which version did u download? And is 2FA on?

I am using the latest one out of the AppStore Right now. I am using 2FA.

Then, assuming ur using the v2 Ring device, there is some problems like stated a few posts up?

I can confirm that on my ring doorbell v2 I only get snapshots after pressing the doorbell multiple times short after each other. If I do not use the ring app for 4 days it also does not give new snapshots there until I open a live view or something like that. So its a doorbell or api issue. Sorry.

Ring has been working just fine for some time now, but I noticed since yesterday Iā€™m getting a ā€˜invalid content typeā€™ if I go to the device directly. I donā€™t get the images send to my device anymore. Anything else got this problem?

It works here both motion and alarm plus image. But really weird, the motion now is triggered almost instant whereas the alarm takes about 5s. Some days ago was the other way aroundā€¦

Right, I guess my token expired. After removing and adding the stickup cam again it works. Wondering if there is a way to not reauthenticate only at adding?

Alarm I havenā€™t checkedā€¦, works almost instant for me.

Hi! Thanks for the good work! I have a question about this. I am trying to make the doorbell (ring v2) go into armed mode, based on a flow. I have tried setting the ā€œenable motion detectionā€ but that does not seem to work.
Any ideas?

App version 2.3.0, tried to authenticate - getting this unsupported_grant_type - error after submitting username and password. Before that, checked from the Ring app that two-step-authentication as their app calls 2fa is set to send text message.

Is this same 2fa error discussed earlier or another one?

ā€¦ to continue, i can log in to Ring with IFTTT successfully with 2fa, so the problem is not in my credentials.

you get this if no recent snapshot is available in the api. so that means your ring also stopped uploading snapshot to this endpoint. maybe a firmware change that the doorbel 2 had longer ago.

there is a simple polling timer in the code, so thats why you get these delays.

so you get the pictures again also?

there is a nicer way using the app settings but it requires a rather big refactoring of the app. the app config works different when it comes to hooks to make the custom screens work.

Yes, everything works again. Thanks

never tried it, sorry

i would say its another one. this one states that the authorisation grant type is invalid. very strange that you get this message. so you did not even receive a sms when you attempt to login? or is this after you enter the code?

Turned out that had missed one character from password. With correct password the error returned changed to ā€could not find pairSessionā€. Couple of retries with that error, and now getting the original invalid granttype. No SMS coming - those do arrive when logging in to ring.com.

Trying again tomorrowā€¦

This error appears if you put Homey to the background when you already have started the inclusion of the ring device, to for example copy over the password.