Transitions — Flexible time transitions

Sneak preview :slight_smile:
Annotation%202019-10-07%20130040

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I have been trying to create sunrise in the bedroom for about two weeks. I managed to start the transition, but the ikea lamp remains at 0.01 and does not move. Where am I wrong? Thank you

Show us your flows.

I hope it is clear. I numbered the cards

I think I miss a “Transition changed” flow, which will get triggered each time the transition is updated and which is the one to use to update the “dim” value of the lamp.

If I understand correctly, do I have to create another Flow? Could you show me a practical example?

I can’t show you an example because I’m not using Homey anymore, but perhaps someone else can show you. However, it’s not very difficult, you need to create a new flow which gets triggered (each second) on “Transition changes” for the “Alba” transition, and the value token will contain the dim value for that point in the transition (so it will be between 0.01 and 1).

Robert I understand !!! I was wrong to put transition start instead transition change! Unfortunately for a translation error from your language. I’m sorry

1 Like

Can I ask you why you no longer use Homey?

Not going to answer on his behalf as only him can give a precise answer (BTY you can find the answer stated by him few times at least in this forum) but all I can say that although not any longer using Homey, he’s still visiting this forum and Slack on a daily basis, helping everyone he can help and maintaining his apps. Rare such nice guy, thank you Robert.

2 Likes

Hello,
I am another stupid one who can’t manage to make transition app work.
I have a walli dimmer that is dimming fine but can’t make transition app to work.

Here is my flow:
When light is on, apply a transition…
Isnt it correct?

Transitions in themselves don’t do anything, you need to use the “Transition changed” card to modify the capabilities of the device you want to control. In your case, that card will be triggered ever second and it will provide a token with a calculated value (between 0.01 and 0.6) can you can use to, say, set the dim capability of a light.

There is no ‘‘transition changed’’ card in your app. So where is it ?

Did not find a full tutorial on youtube :confused:

It’s a trigger card (so for the WHEN part of a flow).

1 Like

The above screenshot is from the when part of the flow :cold_face:

If that’s the case, your Homey app is broken because it’s showing the THEN cards.

For the WHEN part, four cards are available:

• Transition started
  • Transition changed
  • Transition ended
  • Transition stopped

Awesome i was scared to be really dumb! So i am just half dumb.
I am on homey v5 something.
Probably i will try chronograph app then…

May i ask you…you quitted homey for another smart automation? If yes which one?
I hate homey for it s not ok app/dashboard

Home Assistant, very happy with it! :+1:t2:

I tried HA too but frustrated as am not skilled enough.
Thank you Robert for all your sharings.
Have a nice day!

Yes I switched also. Very Nice HA! :sunglasses: :blush: