[APP][Pro] Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot app

Funny thing: they say the same about their own apps :grin:

FYI - I have switched to Homey 2019 Early PRO - same issues like with Homey 2019 nonPro.

I received my second device last week. Now after a few days they still update. Have two now. Just heads up. Was a bit surprisedā€¦ itā€™s green now :crazy_face:

1 Like

Question

Can this be a battery issue ?

The regular ā€œflower careā€ app does not update for me also after a few weeks. However when i put fresh batteries in it it works again. This is the chinese mfg app.

The ios app ā€œwatchflowerā€ ( privately developped ) does update with the official app does not work with the ā€œold ā€œ battery. Ot shows still 34% battery left ā€¦ despite the flower care does not reconnect before i use fresh batteries

1 Like

I have the exact same thing. No response and when I replace the battery it works for a week or so and then becomes unresponsive again. New battery and it works.

I thought it would be my sensor simply dying and draining my battery but you seem to have the exact same behavior.

Interested to see if more people experience this.

Yeah try the flower care app and see the batt level ā€¦ mine is at 34% and working perfectly ( in that app only ) ā€¦ not updating the official app for months now ( only when changing the batt )

I thought the same, battery levelā€¦ But I own six sensors, two have levels < 40% two < 60% and two 100%, all same results. They stopped working about 24 hours ago, again after about 14 updates.

My guess is that they need to fix something in the BLE core. Sadly, with the Zigbee rewrite and testing of 5.0 ahead, iā€™m affraid that this will not be released on short notice. :frowning:

Well, I donā€™t think they acknowledge itā€™s a core problem. So it will take longer I guess :wink:. I now have two sensors, both working and updating just fine. If I look, and read back the thread, Iā€™d say there is a difference between the 2016 and 2019 models. But thatā€™s just me

ā€”-

And they have stoppedā€¦ there goes my theory

Who knowsā€¦

Is there any news?

Nope, developers were focusing on new ZigBee core rewrite I guess.
There is still some hope thoughā€¦

There is no progress that i know of.

According to this strange update behaviour it could be a BLE thing?

Still same status and very frustrating for end user and for the developer!
Sensors only working for 2/ max 3 times after full reboot of homey!

Any chance that the new homey sw version will somehow fix this??

Tom

Same issue occur on latest rc of 5.0.

Oh man, thatā€™s bad :frowning:

I experience the same issue:

The vegtrug grow care app (not homey) connects just fine with the sensor. In the past homey connected fine with the sensor, so my thought is as well that some Homey update broke the BLE connection.

My sensors are now working for 7 days :+1:

1. Make a flow to restart the app every hour.
  2. Setting in app on 30 min update.

Good luck to everyone.

No luck for meā€¦

1 Like

Same here, no go

2 Likes