[APP][Pro] Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot app

It is working fine now on RC43.
3 (or 4??) months ago I was told that it’s app issue by the Athom Support. When I tried to argue, I was argued back… Nice to see it did not take years to fix it.
Thanks @Koktail also for SDK3 update :slight_smile:

Just maybe small request - would it be possible to filter values out of range?

2 Likes

Your welcome. Hopefully athom keep this BLE stack for some time now. Caused me a lot of PITA and time to test it and communicate it to users.

Whoow what happened to the temperature? Are you visiting the sun?

3 Likes

The real temperature outside was about - 2 C :slight_smile:
But maybe it’s caused by the fact that batteries were at 17% already.

Works really well now :slight_smile: @rvdeijk

3 Likes

The sensors seem really stable now!! Working for a week now (updated to v5 then)

2 Likes

Today I had the same issue on 3 sensors in parallel - the high temperature while it is actually freezing (about -5 C).
But on all of them are running slowly out of the battery about 25 %.
@Koktail, not sure if anything can be done about that please ? Maybe it’s issue with the sensors ?
Btw, the original apps reports correct values (at this moment actually -1,3C) while the app continuously reports 6552 C :wink: It looks like that your app probably is not able to report negative values, because just before it reports 6552 C it was 0,1 C.

Diag report : e30bf35a-2b56-4171-b230-eb5a5d83fd31

Cannot find anything in code that explain this behavior. Think your sensor got a hick up. Do you know how to install the app throught CLI? You can try to read out the raw value by putting

console.log(sensorData.readUInt16LE(0));

after the line:

const sensorData = await data.read();
1 Like

Well I got this readings from all 3 Flora sensors I have.
I can test it when it will be again freezing… In a week or so.

@Koktail this sounds quiet reasonable and reproduceable.

@Sharkys put the sensor for a short time in the freezer, no need to wait till it freezes outside?

I’ve put one in the freezer and i can confirm this issue: https://github.com/koktaildotcom/homey-mi-flora/issues/93

2 Likes

Strange that there is until now nobody that put the sensor inside the fridge. What plant will survive there? :joy:

Anyhow i found the issue and fixed the bug. Unfortunately it can only be released with SKD3 (firmware 5.0) That is because imperfection of the Homey app store. I’ve also pushed the code in the master branch, so you can use it through CLI.

4 Likes

@Koktail, will you please push it also to Test branch? ( Xiaomi Mi Flora | Homey). Even I can be using and install it via CLI, there are some minor side efects…

Thank you for your fix btw :slight_smile:

I pushed version 3.0.1 to test.

v3.0.1 - 04.12.2020

• display negative temperature correctly
  • add todo for next release
  • change brand color and translations
3 Likes

I’ve got one sensor that has a stuck moisturesensor. It stopped at 8% giving me a message my plants need water :wink: but after two times I realised it was not a thirsty plant but a faulty sensor. dipped it in Water and still stuck at 8% even though it updated when submerged in 100% water. so or I have incredibly dry water or again the sensor is stuck.

any ideas? my other 3 sensors seem to work properly (will check to make sure)

I have 2 sensors working and connecting fine with homey through this app, but the app won’t let me change the values, so therefore also the flows don’t work. Can anyone give a hint please?

I’ve one sensor that doesn’t update too. In de mi flora app it reports the same value. Maybe it comes back with a future device firmware upgrade.

It looks like a homey core error. Have you tried a p.t.p.? (Hard reset by pulling the plug from homey).

No, unfortunately several reboots didn’t help…

Try replacing the battery

Or send a report after you triggerd the error. I’ll look if I see something that I’ll recognise.