Get a notification when the washingmachine is ready

The problem is also that my betterlogic not switching to true

At the start of the program the energie is above 100 better logic must switch from false to true that don’t happen

And are u sure u did pick the correct tag for the energy?
Like the one on top of the list where it states “in this flow”?

chrome_2020-07-25_09-57-39

1 Like

Hmm now it works only I get a lot of false messages .

Dryer is not ready but get the message

But u are trying to create ur own flows and timers. With a timer of 60 seconds there is a lot of chance to get false positives. Try a timer of 180 seconds maybe? And check the energy of the dryer. Maybe 3 is too low and u have to try 10?

1 Like

Also weird when the dryer is real ready I get a lot of messages ! The energy is above 180w in standby as I can see

Then best buy a new machine!!
But my best guess is that this assumption is very wrong.

It seems that there are more and more cases where the standard flows do not work.
It is important or necessary to analyse the consumption of the washer/dryer and to adjust the flows according to these values. It may also be necessary to modify the flows or write more flows.
For the analysis of the consumption values it is not good enough to download this from the “Today” view as CSV file. I prefer the “Last Hour” view, with an interval of 5 seconds. To get a complete consumption profile, in most cases you have to download the CSV file every 45-55 minutes, so you don’t get a incomplete record. Or you can record the consumption values every 5 seconds with SimpleLog or PaperTrails.

Are you sure this is really the standby consumption? It’s also possible that the “anti-wrinkle program” is running from time to time. The “Today” view is too coarse to see that there are phases in between with a consumption of e.g. < 10 Watt.

@Mike1233 has the same problem and we have been trying for several weeks (the dryer does not run every day) to solve the problem.
But we will find a solution!

1 Like

If you get a smart Samsung washer / dryer and use my SmartThings app from the community store then it is done with just one trigger card :smiley:

Hi there,

I have a strange problem (i think) with the wasmachine flow. I am just using the original basic version of the well known flow, see below:

2 weeks ago everything worked well for the first time.
But last friday i never got the ‘ready’ message while the washingmachine was done.
I noticed that for some reason the Countdown timer get a reset to 180 (draai zandloper om) over and over again (it starts counting down, but then restarts at 180 every now and then).
BTW: This happens not at a specific second. Sometimes it already goes back to 180 at around 170, and sometimes it reaches under 25 and then goes back to 180 and starts counting again.

So flow 2 (Wasmachine stop) is for some reason triggered over and over again.
I monitored my power plug (Neo Coolcam) and it was steady at 1.34 Watts (just for the led’s and display).
That’s much less then 10 watts. So there is no condition that can trigger the ‘then’ part.

Am i mistaken ? Is the powerplug causing this trouble (i can see no spikes in powerconsumption).
The log is telling me nothing because it reports per hour.

Help
Peter

flow 2 triggers on any change below 10, so even if it changes 0.01W for a split second.
add a “timer is running” in the AND column, then it won’t reset the timer.

Hi @Caseda ,

Thanks.
But isn’t that the wrong way around ?
When the problem occurs (so the timer is already running):
“Energie is smaller than 10”= TRUE
“Timer is running” = TRUE
Now al condition in the AND part are met…so now the Then part is triggered i think ?

Peter

woops it indeed needs to be “is not running” so the timer only gets set if it isn’t running yet. the flow would even never activate as it can never start counting :sweat_smile:

maybe also add the logic value for the washing machine, so it won’t trigger again if you turn off the washing machine completely

@Caseda

Thanks, i’ll let you know if this works (coming friday = washing day :wink: )

Peter

This is not the same as “the well known flows”
Take a look at the first posts and adjust them.

@Caseda fyi: It works fine now, thanks :wink:

Peter

Is there a easy way to add another timer? that when the power usage is below 10 Watt for 30 seconds, start final part of the flow.
My problem now is that, It often alerts it’s finished, while it’s not. Because the power dipped below the set value.

You can use a second timer with another name (e.g. “Timer1” and “Timer2”), of course.

If…
The consumption has changed
And…
The consumption is below 10 W
Then…
Start Timer “Timer2” with 30 s

If…
Timer “Timer2” has expired
Then…
Whatever you want…

But there is also an other way.

If…
The consumption has changed
And…
The consumption is below 10 W
Then…
Start Flow “Final Part” with 30 s delay

If…
This flow is startet…
Then…
Whatever you want…

But maybe you post your actual flows. Then it is much easier to give you hints.

Oke, so if I understand correct it should be something like this:

And then I also have the cost flow from this thread, but that is working fine.

If this is the way, it does seem rather complicated. And makes me wonder if there is not a more efficient way of creating such flows. Because if I also want to have this for my (Dryer, Dishwasher etc.) I would have to create like 5-7 flows for each device.
Seems to me a large number of flows to maintain and keep track off.

What is the best/easiest way of checking your flows, to see how they work, what checks did they pass or fail. Some sort of logging to see what is happening if something is not working as intended.

Thanks!

1 Like

You are using Stroommeter here and I think that must be Energie. That’s how it is in the first flow. I also use this with my washing machine and that works well.

Yeah that’s also possible, changed it now. Hard to see while building a flow what the difference between the two is, it was also working with the “Stroommeter”.
But still I would like to know if my second timer is correct. To filter out unwanted power (energy) drops, either because of the communication between the plug and Homey, or just cause the machine does not need any for a moment.