Get a notification when the washingmachine is ready

Hi @KnalOranje,

If your flows do not work properly there are several possible reasons for this:

• You may need to adjust the power values
  • The times for the “Washing_Machine_Timer” timer may have to be adjusted
  • The behaviour of washing machines varies from one washing machine to another

It is most useful to record the power curve and analyze it. This can be done either in Insights or with a log app (e.g. PaperTrails). In my experience the recording interval should not be longer than 5 seconds.
In Insights, the view must be set to “Last Hour”. Because a wash program usually takes longer than one hour, you should download the CSV file every 55 minutes. Then import the CSV files into Excell, Numbers etc. and delete duplicate time values, if necessary create a graphic from it. Based on the determined values you can then adjust the values in the flows.

If you check the data of your washing machine and modify the flows as needed, you should usually need not 5-7 flows. On the other hand, if you have 15-20 flows for your washing machine, dryer and dishwasher, Homey will have no problem with that. Some users have over 500 flows.
Another possibility would be to program the flows via Homey script, but I’m not familiar with that.

As already said, use an app for logging data, e.g. PaperTrails or SimpleLog.

I hope this helps a little bit.

Can someone help me to get the right flow for my dryer

See link below for my insights energie

Dryer stops sometimes and energy is zero?

It’s normal for a dryer to pause during the program, thats why there is a timer connected to the flow, if the timer finishes then, and only then we assume the program has finished. And it is always only a assumption because there is no hard link between the end of a program and homey unless you are using a ‘smart’ dryer which supports those functions.

So basically the question is, what do you need from us?

If you use the template of this topic.
Use 1000 watts as start for de the machine.
Use below 100 as stopping for the machine with a timer of 3min.

If i look in your CSV this should work.

1 Like

As the others mentioned, a timer can solve the “zero-energie” problem,
but be aware, at the end of the drying cycle, the motor is starting for a short time every minute. So if you use a timer, set the time shorter than 1 minute, otherwise you never get a “finished” message.

I will try this

Must I set the timer for 3 minutes or under one minute as mentioned below ?

In you CSV you see that every 1 min there a peak.
So the timer needs to belonger then 1 min to prevent a false notification.
Set it to three minuut and test it out

The 1 minute peaks are from the “anti wrinkle” program, that is active after the real drying is finished, so your timer should be just under 1 minute. This is for notification, not for switching off!

But I’ve one timer

These are my flows now

3 minutes is not just under 1 minute.

1 Like

Excuse me that was my previous flow after edit!

Are the flows so good at this moment or must I add an extra timer ?

No extra timers needed. Try the “just under one minute” timer and adjust a bit when needed.

1 Like

Will test it thank you for helping

Still no luck

Now I got false message

Timers I’ve tried 50 35 10 seconds

That means what?
To early? To late? Message while the dryer is still running?

Btw, the drying time is only 10 minutes. Is this just a refresh program and the main program is much longer?

It’s to early the dryer isn’t ready and still drying

10 minutes for a drying program is way to short for drying something.
I think this is a refreshing program. The behavior of a normal drying program is way different.

To be able to help you, the values of a complete „normal“ drying cycle is needed (interval 5 seconds).

And to help fantross properly, it is also important to include the exact time when the machine will be ready. Because usually the machine continues to run in an anti wrinkle function.
My machine does that for almost an hour.

1 Like

Tried this, now testing. Thanks