Transitions — Flexible time transitions

Which “transitions” tag do you mean?

You can simply type the name of the transition you defined; like I did in below screenshot:

I assume they mean the value token from the “Transitie veranderd” trigger card (the one that you use to assign the value of the transition to something else).

They are available as local tags:

Choose the tag symbol on the right:

Use the local tag (value):

Save the action card.

and thats the case. i see no local tags for the given transition and another user approved my problem.
i only see the local tag within the "when-"part of the flow and not in the “then”-part of the flow.

And you do have the “Transition changed” trigger card in the WHEN section?
Just build a new flow to test this; added the Transition changed and a random action card, and I can choose the value tags from the local tags section…

yes i have

and yes i have tested this on an old flow (created with FW 1.53) and a new flow (created with FW 2.0) and it does’nt work. i cant see the local tag. i only see the local tag in the “when-part”

And which specific action card are you using?
The set dim-level for Hue device? The Hue devices through the hub or the Zigbee variant?

i made 2 pictures, the first is, from the "when-"part (i know it dosn’t make sense is only for you to show)

the following picture is from the “then”-part and it is a grouped device:

and yes these are grouped hue-devices i want to dim.
i tested it with a single hue bulb but the result is the same.
all hue devices are connected over zigbee, without the hue bridge.

I can’t explain…
Whatever I try to reproduce (different cards / devices etc), the local tags are always available.

very strange… 3 useres (me included) have this problem. did you something do other then i ? :))
which transition version do you use? i use v1.0.3 and i use the philiups hue zigbee app in version 1.3.0

i tried to check this with a sonos-component, but the result is the same so it has nothing to do with the hue-app

v1.0.3 and yes, I treat my Homey well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t have / use the Philips Hue Zigbee app, but this app uses the same default action cards for dimming events. I tested on both the Fibaro and INNR cards, and both work.

Can you try to create a new flow?
In WHEN add a “transition changed” card, with a random nam.
In THEN add the Mobile > “Send a push notification” card
Try to add the tags in the “Your message…” field.

For me both local tags are available.

:)) okay

i tested your example and yes, for this i see the local tags.
and, if i use the “send push notification” in my original flow i see the local tag too.

it works for system parts and not for devices parts.
i tested it with other devices and it doesn’ work and i see no local tags.
and i tested system -> speech and it works and i see local tags.

I don’t understand what is causing this… Which Homey and app version do you have installed?

A work around could be to use the “set the a numerical value” card (system > logic) and execute the actual action card based on the logic tag with a 1 second delay.

I used this approach also when the local tags were not available yet.

TBH, it seems to me that the flow implementation is buggy. For the Nefit app, I’m getting reports that trigger cards for some capabilities stopped working while others worked as they did on v1.5.

I know that @Phuturist is also struggling with weird flow issues.

homey model: homey (early 2018)
homey version: 2.0.0
transitions app: v1.0.3

thanks for the workaround i wil check that

oh ok, could be the same issue or a similar issue.

There is a similar issue with the Ikea-app (not showing the local tags from the ikea-dimmer). That will be solved in 2.0.1 so maybe this issue is also solved then.

thanks for the information. thats interessting, because you said its a problem with the ikea-app.
so we will see if @robertklep find an error in his app or other app-developer find the problems in their app.

:))

latest app version 247 should have fixed this :slight_smile:

which app do you mean?